Entries to Feature Film Competition長編コンペティション部門への応募
1Provide us with the URL and its password for streaming (YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, etc.) for one complete work. No digest version accepted.
2Acceptable language(s) are Japanese and/or English. For any other language, please provide subtitles in English. For the Japanese-only video, English subtitles will be required after shortlisting.
3Please fill out the application form which requires the following in English and Japanese:
a. The title, plot and 3 still images of the work
b. the director’s profile image and a short bio
4You will receive an automated confirmation reply by email. Please keep it for the proof of application.
5There is no entry fee required.
Online distribution in the festival might be conducted if any serious epidemic or other issues occur. However, the application of a film which restricts online distribution shall be accepted and is welcome. The inability of the online distribution shall not bias the judgment.
How to Submit the Film
00:00 a.m. on 11th June (JST)〜
Please read the terms and conditions of this NIAFF 2024. By submitting your application, you will agree with the terms and conditions. Some important points are:
- The festival accepts only feature animation films with a total 40 minutes or longer, including end credit. No limit to the methods of animation.
- The work has to be completed in or after the year 2022.
- The film has to come with English subtitles unless the work is in Japanese at the time of the entry. For the Japanese-only video, English subtitles will be required after shortlisting.
- Either the director, producer or the applicant is entitled and responsible for distributing the film. There should be no issues on screening at NIAFF 2024.
- All of the copyrights of music, characters, and other entities with copyrights shall be cleared to screen during the NIAFF 2024. The festival has no responsibility for legal matters with the third party to the submitted work, including infringement of rights and damages.
- The work should never have been applied to NIAFF in the past.
How to apply
Applicants should apply by filling in all items related to the work information and director information via the online application form on the official website or FilmFreeway(Coming soon).
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us at the email address below.
Niigata International Animation Film Festival Secretariat